05 December 2011

Wishes

"How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year.
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here."
 
Sometimes a song comes along that is so powerful you can physically feel it. This is definitely one of those songs for me, and probably for a lot of others out there. This song gets me every single time I hear it. It makes me think of everyone I've ever loved, everyone I've ever had to leave behind, everyone I've ever wanted so much it hurts. So much emotion in such a short song.
 
On that note, it's another cold and rainy Monday. It's been a week since I've posted... finals week here at Southeast is keeping me quite busy! So here's what me and my lovely photographer Angie did over the weekend...


This is one of my favorite locations yet. It's an old rose garden close to my house. I love the stark look of the bare branches and the few somber orange roses that are hanging on to summer. I also love the contrast of the soft colors against the darkness of this outfit. The white sweater is a new favorite from Old Navy.
  

LOVE the attitude that Angie caught here. Mixing soft pieces with leather and studs has always been a favorite style of mine. The faux leather jacket is from a store in St. Louis called Love Culture. the jeans are black denim Levis - only $5 at TJ Maxx.




I collect old jewelry, especially crosses and strange, unique pieces. I love thrift stores and garage sales because you can always find some old lady's jewelry that you know no one else will have. I usually only wear one piece at a time but for a rocker look you can layer.

My nails are a dark purple here. The color is "Pat on the Black" from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure line.


 My current obsession - these Candies heels from Khol's!! I've posted pics of them previously but this is the first time I've actually worn them. I love the color, texture, thick heel, everything! I'll definitely be wearing these out this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment