09 February 2012

Off to the Races











Lately I've been really into the artistic direction side of shooting fashion. I'm always thinking about creative outfits, backdrops and angles. I guess all the design stuff Angie is always babbling about is finally rubbing off on me.

I edited all of these myself with Windows Live Photo Gallery. It's nothing fancy but I love playing with the color, exposure and lighting to bend the reality of the photo. The last few remind me of something Andy Warhol would do.

Since we're talking about the creative processes of the fashion world, here are some fashion books to check out:
The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman
Who What Wear by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power
Nylon Street View edited by Marvin Scott Jarrett

floppy hat: Cracker Barrel, seriously!
black blazer: Charlotte Russe
black tank top: Hot Topic
leopard pants: Target
black wedges: Target
brown belt: Goodwill
studded bracelets: Charlotte Russe

No comments:

Post a Comment