20 October 2012

A River Runs Through It

I take it back, I guess I don't hate fall. Trees explode with color, it's finally comfortable to sit in directly sunlight and not get scorched and most importantly - I get to layer on more clothes.
 
This outfit is pretty typical to my style, a little bit trendy with the oversized scarf and a little bit of my mom with the corduroy button down.  I got both items during a recent trip to a huge thrift store. After about 3 hours of searching through crowded racks trying on clothes in the lean-to dressing room I picked out 6 sweaters, a cardigan, this scarf and shirt and a corduroy flatbill.
Because, you can't pass up a corduroy flatbill.
 
I wore this earlier this week when my family and I took a little tour of the farmland in nearby Illinois, crossed the river on a ferry and stopped to check out the scenery and produce stands along the way. This look is casual but still thoughtful and great for a fall weekend. The deep forest green, blue and leather brown are also perfect fall tones.
 






 
Forest green corduroy: thrift
Cream crochet carf: thrift
Grey Obey tank top: shop called Yellow Rat Bastard in SoHo in New York
Levi's: discount store, likely TJ Maxx or Marshalls
Boots: Not real suede, actually fabric with rubber soles from the little girl's section at Kohl's
 
 
Road Trippin'
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment