01 December 2012

Peace be with You

Winter is official upon us! It's been a busy one, and I couldn't be more excited as to why! But you'll have to wait for the next post to hear about that. :) 

Here I'm wearing two of the things I'm obsessed with this month, corduroy and scarves. My forest green Levi's were a STEAL at TJ Maxx for only $20 and I wear them at least once a week. They look like velvet here but I swear they're cords. The scarf is in the hippie/Buddhist trend that about half of my wardrobe is in. These shoes are great, a suede neutral with just a little wedge to elongate the leg but still totally comfortable.

Now, the most interesting part of this outfit in my opinion is the necklace. It's a turquoise "om" inlaid in gold. The om symbol spans across many languages and religions, but it is generally used in mantras to center the spirit, transcend your physical body and become "one" with everything. Ok, sounds a little nutty, but read this explanation and tell me it isn't a cool idea to embrace. For a long time, I've wanted a Buddhist mantra tattoo. Perhaps one day...

But for now, clothes!





It's hard to tell in this photo, but my nails are a deep red wine color and the accent nail is just some cheap gold glitter polish. I hardly ever paint my nails, but when I do, I go for drama.

If you're interested in learning more about Buddhism, check out the The Buddhist Blog. And for fair-trade goodies from around the globe, visit MacroSun

forest green cords: Levi's from TJ Maxx
tan, long-sleeved tee: Charlotte Russe
printed black and white scarf: MacroSun
turquoise and gold om necklace: MacroSun
camel, suede wedges: Target
"Louie" bag in the first picture: flea market ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment